All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAromatherapy is increasingly incorporated into midwifery practice, particularly in midwife-led units. It is the most commonly used therapy by midwives and birthing practitioners but access to up-to-date safety information is limited. Almost 90% of women may be using complementary therapies during pregnancy and birth and so it is very important that midwives are aware of safe and appropriate use based on contemporary evidence. This book covers safety, effectiveness, evidence, benefits and risks, and legal, ethical and professional issues related to incorporating aromatherapy into maternity care. Useful charts and tables are included for quick reference in clinical practice, making this is the ultimate handbook for using aromatherapy in midwifery practice. The scientific basis behind aromatherapy, including relevant anatomy and physiology, chemistry and pharmacology are covered, as well as a critical appraisal of the contemporary research evidence supporting the use of aromatherapy in maternity care. Essential oil profiles of the oils that can be safely used in pregnancy, birth and postnatally are also included.
- Author BiographyDenise Tiran MSc RM PGCEA is a midwifery lecturer, complementary practitioner and an international authority on maternity complementary medicine. She is Educational Director of Expectancy, the leading provider of accredited courses for midwives on aromatherapy and other complementary therapies. Denise is also editor of the acclaimed Bailliere's Midwives' Dictionary, now in its 13th edition. She lives in London.
- Author(s)Denise Tiran
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/08/2015
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSinging Dragon
- Content Note3 line drawings
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
Most relevant reviews
- woollysheep1121 Jun, 2017by
A Must for Modern Midwives
While this book is extremely handy for professionals, it also is an excellent source for anyone interested in Aromatherapy.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.09
- AU $32.49Trending at AU $38.03
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $14.91
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.57
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.95
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.