All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionAround Durham Through Time is a lavishly illustrated book which explores the villages lying to the east, within the present city boundary. These include Carrville, Belmont, West Rainton, Leamside, Low and High Pittington, Littletown, Sherburn Hill, Shadforth, Ludworth, Sherburn Village, Sherburn House, High Shincliffe, Shincliffe, Houghall and Old Durham. Although some have an ancient history, most developed with the sinking of coal-mines. Much of the area has been transformed from the days when the villages consisted of long dreary colliery-rows and pit-heaps. Perhaps, after reading this book, you will see some of these villages in a different light.
- Author BiographyMichael Richardson is the archivist of the Gilesgate Archive. He has lived in Durham all his life and is the author of over 20 publications on Durham.
- Author(s)Michael Richardson
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication01/03/2010
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note180
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.