Glen Rock is situated in a valley along Codorus Creek in Shrewsbury Township in southern York County. Incorporated in 1860, the town is located on what once was a major rth south rail line that linked Harrisburg with Baltimore, Maryland. This important transportation link helped the town prosper with sewing factories, furniture factories, coach works, ironworks, and a nearby distillery. Although the rail link was severed in 1972 by Tropical Storm Agnes, Glen Rock survived to become a quiet residential community. Today the railroad that once ensured Glen Rock s existence continues to help the town with tourists, cyclists, and joggers as part of the York County Heritage Rail Trail. Through vintage images, Around Glen Rock chronicles this region s evolution while paying tribute to its roots.