Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.07Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $19.05Trending at AU $23.14
About this product
- DescriptionOnce an independent village, Stannington is w part of bustling Sheffield, England's fourth largest city. Walking around Stannington, it is difficult to picture the solitary settlement it once was as it stood isolated on top of a ridge; this book of approximately 200 archive images offers a unique glimpse of the village and its area, as it used to be. Stannington has seen much change but a lot has been lost through its development. Most small local industries and family farms have disappeared and a serious decline of the larger refractory works has also taken place. In this book members of the Stannington Local History Group have combined their kwledge to paint a picture of this village's community spirit through changing times. Around Stannington offers a stalgic and valuable record of the past and provides newcomers with an understanding of how the modern area has evolved.
- Author(s)Stannington Local History Group
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2004
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Weight310 g
- Width165 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.