Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.73Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.18Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionAround the Circuit is a sequel to the author's previous, award-winning work entitled Inside the Paddock - Racing Car Transporters at Work. This new book t only includes further recently-found images of transporters but also team support vehicles, breakdown trucks, oil, tyre and other sponsors' vehicles, safety and medical cars, fire appliances, ambulances, ice cream vans and even bicycles and quad-bikes for individual paddock transport. Overshadowed by the antics of racing drivers and their magnificent steeds, little has been written about racing car transporters and support vehicles. However, they are vital ingredients of all racing events and these 600 photographs and other images fill a glaring gap in the chronicles of motor sport.
- Author BiographySince retiring in 2003 David Cross was drawn back into historic motoring interests that he had at a young age, and in particular to the transporter and support vehicles present. Plagued by illness in the last couple of years, he worked tirelessly to finish this book and it was ready to go to print just as he passed away. He saw and approved a preliminary print, and it is certain that he would be just as proud of this volume as he was of the first.
- Author(s)David Cross
- PublisherDalton Watson Fine Books
- Date of Publication05/12/2013
- SubjectMotor Sports & Cycling
- Place of PublicationLoughborough
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDalton Watson Fine Books
- Content Note600 colour & mono photographs
- Width290 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.