All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBorders often require turning a corner shaping the edgings around a 90-degree angle without breaking the pattern. This is rarely simple; add too few stitches at a corner and the work rounds inward; too many stitches, and the piece begins to ruffle awkwardly. Unfortunately, most published edging patterns fail to include specific instructions for turning the corner, leaving crafters to fend for themselves. Edie Eckman comes to the rescue in Around-the-Corner Crochet Borders , a collection of 150 colorful crochet frames, each with detailed instructions for working around a corner. Instructions are offered both as text and as charts for working in-the-round; back-and-forth charts are also included for when that method is more appropriate. Photographs of finished borders, each turning a 90-degree corner, allow readers to see the details up close. Borders range from the delicate to the flamboyant and are sure to appeal to a new generation of trend-setting crafters. Offering practical solutions to one of needlecrafts most vexing challenges, Around-the-Corner Crochet Borders is an essential addition to every crocheters reference library. With this book, marvelous crochet borders are just around the corner.
- Author BiographyEdie Eckman is the author of The Crochet Answer Book, Around the Corner Crochet Borders, Beyond the Square Crochet Motifs, and Connect the Shapes Crochet Motifs. She is also a nationally known teacher, designer, writer, and editor in both the crochet and knitting worlds. She lives in Waynesboro, Virginia.
- Author(s)Edie Eckman
- PublisherStorey Publishing LLC
- Date of Publication03/05/2010
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationNorth Adams
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStorey Publishing LLC
- Content Note300 colour illustrations
- Weight630 g
- Width216 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine19 mm
Most relevant reviews
- cclive198813 Mar, 2012by
Awesome product love this book to bits
I brought this book to help me design a wedding garter. I have purchased this book a couple of times for a variety of people and we all love it.
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.