Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.63Trending at AU $53.55
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.69
- AU $89.19Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $24.72
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.25
About this product
- DescriptionPhileas Fogg is a creature of habit, a man who runs his life with clockwork precision. He kws when his shaving water is supplied two degrees cooler than it is meant to be; he kws exactly how many paces it is from his Savile Row home to the Reform Club; and he kws that it is perfectly possible to circumnavigate the globe in 80 days. Five of his club companions beg to differ on the latter point. Surely that is a theoretical schedule, one quickly derailed by adverse conditions and ill luck? Fogg determines to settle the issue and a wager is born. He and his new valet, Jean Passe-partout, embark on an epic race against time over land and sea, natural hazards and man-made obstacles impeding their progress at every turn.And shadowing them every step of the way is a dogged Scotland Yard detective...Jules Verne's transcontinental adventure rattles along at breakneck speed, a breathless tale of derring-do that ha thrilled readers since it first appeared in 1872.
- Author(s)Jules Verne
- PublisherAtlantic Publishing,Croxley Green
- Date of Publication28/02/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleTap Classics
- Place of PublicationCroxley Green
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTransatlantic Press
- Width111 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.