Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionFollowing one man's extraordinary answer to his midlife crisis, this engaging story chronicles the worldwide pursuit of an uncommon goal. Documenting the author's journey of finding 1,000 birds in their natural habitats and walking in the landscapes of every wildlife documentary he had ever watched, this narrative travels from the Amazon jungle and the African Savannah to the glaciers of New Zealand, savoring the splendors of the natural world. Along the way, all of his quirky adventures are recorded-investigating the strange ises coming from the chalet next door deep in the Indian jungle, finding an antelope in his shower, and even flying halfway across the world for a weekend with one very special bird. Providing a fascinating insight into the calming influence and inspiration that nature provides, this voyage of emotions and experiences shows how one man gave up sweaty commuter trains and a stressful job to make his dream come true.
- Author BiographyRussell Boyman, 42 years old. Spent 25 years in the cutthroat world of media buying. His avid interest in bird watching has taken him all over the world during the last 20 years. Russell has had a number of articles published in wildlife magazines and travel journals, and gives lectures on his birding adventures. Divorced with one son, he now lives in Surrey, UK.
- Author(s)Russell Boyman
- PublisherEye Books
- Date of Publication01/09/2002
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationMuch Wenlock
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTravellersEye Ltd
- Content Notecol. Illustrations, 1 col. port.
- Weight265 g
- Width130 mm
- Height194 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Volume editorSolveig Gardner
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.