All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA writing and creativity teacher for more than twenty years, Rosanne Bane has given thousands of writers the tools to bust through self-defeating writing behaviour. In AROUND THE WRITER'S BLOCK, Bane helps us understand where writer's resistance comes from: the fight-or-flight responses hardwired into our brains, which can make us desperate to flee the source of our anxiety (writing) by any means possible. Using the most recent breakthroughs in neuroscience and a three-part plan that helps readers develop new, regular writing habits, Bane coaches us on how to rewire our brain's responses to the anxiety produced by writing-turning writing from a source of stress and anxiety into a source of joy and personal growth. Do you want to write, but find yourself unable to get started? Edit your first page over and over and feel unable to move on? Keep your schedule so full that you don't have time to write? You're t alone. Many writers are plagued by writer's resistance, behaviour that prevents us from being able to get words down on the page. Writer's resistance can make us feel adrift, hopeless, discouraged and ready to give up. The good news is that you can beat writer's resistance. You just need to learn what's going on inside your brain-and harness that kwledge to develop a productive writing habit. *Including Writer's Block, Procrastination, Paralysis, Perfectionism, Postponing, Distractions, Self-Sabotage, Excessive Criticism, Over-scheduling and Endlessly Delaying Your Writing.
- Author BiographyFor twenty years, Rosanne Bane has worked as a writing and creativity teacher, teaching at Minneapolis's The Loft Literary Center, America's largest centre for writing. She lives in Minneapolis.
- Author(s)Rosanne Bane
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication31/10/2012
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationLos Angeles
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1900
- ImprintJeremy P Tarcher
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight450 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine25 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $22.16
- AU $43.35Trending at AU $44.65
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $37.27
- AU $25.64Trending at AU $34.27
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.24
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $79.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.