All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs a Yale graduate, Leah Libresco launched her writing career by blogging about science, literature, mathematics, and morality from a distinctively secular perspective. Over time, encounters with friends and associates caused her to concede the reasonableness of belief in God in theory, though t yet in practice. In Arriving at Amen, Libresco uniquely describes the second part of her spiritual journey, in which she encountered God through seven classic Catholic forms of prayer-Liturgy of the Hours, lectio divina, examen, intercessory prayer, the rosary, confession, and the Mass. Examining each practice through the intellectual lens of literature, math, and art, Libresco reveals unexpected glimpses of beauty and truth in the Catholic Church that will be appreciated by the curious and convinced alike.
- Author BiographyLeah Libresco is a blogger for Patheos and works as an analyst fellow for Education Pioneers. She is a 2011 graduate of Yale University, where she earned a bachelor's degree in political science. She has told the story of her conversion from Atheism to Catholicism on CNN, NPR, and other broadcast outlets.
- Author(s)Leah Libresco
- PublisherAve Maria Press
- Date of Publication25/06/2015
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationNotre Dame, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAve Maria Press
- Weight181 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.37
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.