All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $56.35Trending at AU $60.64
- AU $19.08Trending at AU $26.10
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $47.17Trending at AU $59.70
About this product
- DescriptionNamed after a Mexican War general William Jenkins Worth, Fort Worth began as a military post in 1849. More than a century and a half later, the defense industry remains Fort Worth's major strength with Lockheed Martin's F-35s and Bell Helicopter's Ospreys flying the skies over the city. Popularly kwn as Cowtown for the iconic cattle drives and stockyards that brought the city fame, soldiers, pilots, and military installations have been just as important-and more enduring-in Fort Worth's legacy. Arsenal of Defense: Fort Worth's Military Legacy covers the entire military history of Fort Worth from the 1840s with tiny Bird's Fort to the tremendous impact of the two World Wars on the city and the massive defense plants of the first decade of the twenty-first century.
- Author BiographyJ'NELL L. PATE is retired from Tarrant County College in Fort Worth, where she taught history and government.She is the author of nine other books, including Livestock Legacy: The Fort Worth Stockyards, 1887 1987 and North of the River: A Brief History of North Fort Worth. Pate has written a column on western history for her hometown newspaper, The Azle News, each week since 1968.
- Author(s)J'Nell Pate
- PublisherTexas State Historical Association,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/07/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationAustin
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTexas State Historical Association,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Foreword byKay Granger
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.