All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.49Trending at AU $31.88
- AU $55.54Trending at AU $56.93
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.75
- AU $29.92Trending at AU $31.38
- AU $46.03Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $12.67Trending at AU $12.99
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.43
About this product
- DescriptionCreated by Maurice LeBlanc during the early twentieth century, Arsene Lupin is a witty confidence man and burglar, the Sherlock Holmes of crime. The poor and incent have thing to fear from him; often they profit from his spontaneous generosity. A very popular French character, Arsene Lupin was created as a some-what rival to Sherlock Holmes (who he actually encounters in several early stories). Instead of being a detective (tho he would become one), he is a 'gentleman-burglar'. But he makes a point of stealing from the rich and powerful, and usually gives to the poor and downtrodden. He is witty and charming, so this makes him very popular. There are many books (vels and short story collections) of him, and he has spawned both tv shows and movies.
- Author BiographyMaurice Marie Emile Leblanc (1864-1941) was a French novelist and writer of short stories, known primarily as the creator of the fictional gentleman thief and detective Arsene Lupin, often described as a French counterpart to Arthur Conan Doyle's creation Sherlock Holmes.
- Author(s)Maurice Leblanc
- Date of Publication26/01/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight236 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.