All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis beautifully illustrated book offers a comprehensive guide to western artists, themes, paintings, techniques and stories. Packed full of large, full-colour images of iconic works and lesser-kwn gems, Art- A Visual History covers over six-hundred and fifty artists, providing an expansive view of art history. Covering every era, from early art in 3000BCE to contemporary work, with chrological features on the major schools and movements and close-up critical appraisals of twenty-two masterpieces, this book is a broad but thorough introduction to art history. A firm foundation in the subject is ensured by an exhaustive glossary of art terms which reinforces technical kwledge such as an ability to identify impressionism from expressionism. Art- A Visual History addresses the question 'what makes great art?' With detailed referencing, crisp reproductions and a fresh new look, this book is a must-have for anyone with an interest in art history.
- Author BiographyRobert Cumming is a bestselling writer and art critic, and was formerly Chairman of Christie's Education. He is also a lecturer, exhibition curator, and broadcaster. His previous books include Annotated Art and Great Artists.
- Author(s)Robert Cumming
- PublisherDorling Kindersley Ltd
- Date of Publication26/08/2015
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2015
- Weight1655 g
- Width210 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.