CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionIn a period of profound environmental and social upheaval, climate change has become one of our greatest challenges. Yet for many of us, fear, confusion and frustration mean we are reluctant to consider, let alone act on this pressing issue. Rational engagement with science is vital to forming solutions to this challenge. But a cultural shift is also needed. Artists have the capacity to develop a narrative that recognises the reality of our present and inspires a vibrant, positive vision of our future. Presenting the work of Australian and international artists across twenty-nine exhibitions and events, ART+CLIMATE=CHANGE explores the power of art to create the empathy, emotional engagement and cultural understanding needed to motivate meaningful change.
- Author BiographyGuy Abrahams is CEO and Co-founder of CLIMARTE. Bronwyn Johnson is Executive Director of CLIMARTE. Kelly Gellatly is the Director of the Ian Potter Museum of Art at the University of Melbourne, Australia.
- Author(s)Bronwyn Johnson,Guy Abrahams,Kelly Gellatly
- PublisherMelbourne University Press
- Date of Publication27/06/2016
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationCarlton
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2016
- ImprintMelbourne University Press
- Out-of-print date30/01/2017
- Weight688 g
- Width203 mm
- Height271 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.