All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhile the authors of this book were team teaching a course called High and Low Art: Good and Bad Taste, the Sensation controversy at the Brooklyn Museum broke out. This controversy t only shaped their course, but had larger implications for art, culture, and education in general for the twenty-first century. By asking serious aesthetic and cultural questions about art and teaching, this book explores the power of art to shape both our emotions and our intellect.
- Author BiographyThe Authors: Karel Rose is a Professor of Education and Women's Studies at Brooklyn College, The City University of New York. Joe L. Kincheloe is a Professor of Education at Brooklyn College and the CUNY Graduate Center in New York.
- Author(s)Joe L. Kincheloe,Karel Rose
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/05/2003
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Series TitleCounterpoints
- Series Part/Volume Number212
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight250 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.