All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.56Trending at AU $66.57
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $81.11
- AU $61.59Trending at AU $66.58
- AU $9.23Trending at AU $10.19
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $53.99
- AU $10.00Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $10.95Trending at AU $14.34
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Michelangelo to Picasso, art history is filled with stories of spectacular forgeries that have stumped the greatest scholars of their time. It is from this fascinating angle that young readers learn about the great works of art in this fun and educational book. Set in an imaginary museum, it presents reproductions of famous art works alongside forgeries. Readers are asked to play detective as they examine each painting closely, looking for the differences. Along the way a small cartoon sleuth leads them through the paintings, uncovering technical and historical details that enhance readers' appreciation and kwledge. Whether they're examining Seurat's painting of an afteron scene on the island of La Grande Jatte; an arrangement of flowers by Sargent; van Gogh's Starry Night; or Rousseau's Exotic Landscape, readers will be playfully drawn into the world of great art and doubt eager to examine other works first hand.
- Author BiographyDoris Kutschbach is an art historian and editor who lives in Munich, Germany. She is the author of numerous books on art.
- Author(s)Doris Kutschbach
- Date of Publication20/03/2013
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note40
- Weight617 g
- Width240 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.