All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA much improved, second edition of this fascinating collection of essays on teaching art in secondary schools. It includes a new chapter on visual culture as well as extensive material on the changes that have occurred in this area since 2000. What kind of art would we like school and college students to produce? What kind of art do we want them to engage with? What is the process of this engagement? How should we organize the processes? By asking fundamental questions such as these, Richard Hickman and his team of contributors illustrate the new possibilities for art education in the twenty-first century and draw out the implications for classroom practice - making Art Education 11-18 the definitive guide to the subject in the postmodern era.
- Author BiographyRichard Hickman is Reader in the Faculty of Education, University of Cambridge, UK, and a Fellow of Homerton College.
- Author(s)Richard Hickman
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/04/2004
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight327 g
- Width156 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $21.24
- AU $43.44Trending at AU $44.49
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $73.39
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $76.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.