All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe geometric shapes and natural forms, captured with exceptional precision in Ernst Haeckel's prints, still influence artists and designers to this day. This volume highlights the research and findings of this natural scientist. Powerful modern microscopes have confirmed the accuracy of Haeckel's prints, which even in their day, became world famous. Haeckel's portfolio, first published between 1899 and 1904 in separate installments, is described in the opening essays. The plates illustrate Haeckel's fundamental monistic tion of the unity of all living things and the wide variety of forms are executed with utmost delicacy. Incipient microscopic organisms are juxtaposed with highly developed plants and animals. The pages, ordered according to geometric and constructive aspects, document the oness of the world in its most diversified forms. This collection of plates was t only well-received by scientists, but by artists and architects as well. Rene Binet, a pioneer of glass and iron constructions, Emile Galle, a rewned Art Nouveau designer, and the photographer Karl Blossfeld all make explicit reference to Haeckel in their work.
- Author(s)Irenaus Eibl-Eibersfeldt,Olaf Breidbach,Richard Hartmann
- Date of Publication01/08/1998
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note100 colour and 30 b& w illustrations
- Weight843 g
- Width240 mm
- Height315 mm
- Spine13 mm
Most relevant reviews
- moritoakira22 Jun, 2016by
Быстрая доставка, замечательное качество печати. Всем рекомендую!
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.