All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
About this product
- DescriptionThe most student-friendly, contextual, and inclusive survey is w personalized, digital, and mobile for today's students. Art History 5th edition continues to balance formal analysis with contextual art history in order to engage a diverse student audience. Authors Marilyn Stokstad and Michael Cothren- both scholars as well as teachers- share a common vision that survey courses should be filled with as much enjoyment as learning, and that they should foster an enthusiastic, as well as an educated, public for the visual arts. This revision is the strongest and most comprehensive learning program for measuring student progress and improving student success in attaining the outcomes and goals of the art history survey course. Not only does the text address four overarching goals of the survey course, the new MyArtsLab further develops and reinforces these outcomes and skills with market-leading learning tools such as personalized study plans for each student and multimedia assets geared towards addressing different learning styles and abilities, such as chapter audio, student videos, Closer Looks, architectural paramas and much more. The end result is a complete learning program designed to increase students' success with a personalized, digital and a highly mobile learning experience. A better teaching and learning experience This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience-for you and your students. Here's how: *Personalize Learning - MyArtsLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program. It helps students prepare for class and instructors gauge individual and class performance. *Go Digital - Pearson Custom eText provides instructors and students with a whole new online customizable learning experience. *Go Mobile - Make learning easy and convenient with our on-the-go eTexts and key learning applications. *Improve Critical Thinking - Key Learning Outcomes encourage students to think critically about visual arts as part of the larger world. *Engage Students - Updated scholarship, MyArtsLab, and the readability of the text provide a wonderful engaging student experience. *Support Instructors - With a wealth of online resources, instructors have videos, images, and teaching support materials to create a dynamic, engaging course. NOTE: MyArtsLab does t come automatically packaged with this text. If you want just Art History Portable Book 5 with MyArtsLab order the ISBN below: 0205949363/ 9780205949366 Art History, Portable Book 5 Plus NEW MyArtsLab with eText -- Access Card Package Package consists of: 0205206565 / 9780205206568 NEW MyArtsLab with Pearson eText -- Valuepack Access Card 0205873804 / 9780205873807 Art History Portable Book 5 If you want the complete Art History with MyArtsLab order the ISBN below: 0205949487 / 9780205949489 Art History Plus NEW MyArtsLab with eText -- Access Card Package Package consists of: 0205206565 / 9780205206568 NEW MyArtsLab with Pearson eText -- Valuepack Access Card 0205873472 / 9780205873470 Art History
- Author BiographyMarilyn Stokstad, teacher, art historian, and museum curator, has been a leader in her field for decades and has served as president of the College Art Association and the International Center of Medieval Art. In 2002, she was awarded the lifetime achievement award from the National Women's Caucus for Art. In 1997, she was awarded the Governor's Arts Award as Kansas Art Educator of the Year and an honorary degree of doctor of humane letters by Carleton College. She is Judith Harris Murphy Distinguished Professor Emerita at the University of Kansas, Lawrence. She has also served in various leadership capacities at the University's Spencer Museum of Art and is Consultative Curator of Medieval Art at the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art in Kansas City, Missouri Michael W. Cothren is Scheuer Family Professor of Humanities and Chair of the Department of Art at Swarthmore College, where he has also served as Coordinator of Medieval Studies and Chair of the Humanities Division. Since arriving at Swarthmore in 1978, he has taught specialized courses on Medieval, Roman, and Islamic art and architecture, as well as seminars on visual narrative and on theory and method, but he particularly enjoys teaching the survey to Swarthmore beginners. His research and publications focus on French Gothic art and architecture, most recently in a book on the stained glass of Beauvais Cathedral entitled Picturing the Celestial City. Michael is a consultative curator at the Glencairn Museum in Bryn Athyn, Pennsylvania. He has served on the board of the International Center of Medieval Art and as President both of the American Committee of the International Corpus Vitrearum and of his local school board. When not teaching, writing, or pursuing art historical research, you can find him hiking in the red rocks around Sedona, Arizona.
- Author(s)Marilyn Stokstad,Michael Cothren
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication02/01/2013
- SubjectThe Arts: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight476 g
- Width229 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.