All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.39Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.13Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
About this product
- DescriptionArt therapists work with a range of distinct philosophical and theoretical underpinnings, but as yet there has been single book to offer an overview of these theories. Art Therapy Theories provides an introductory, n-partisan overview of art therapy theories outlining the following therapy approaches: Cognitive Behavioural Art Therapy Solution-Focused Brief Therapy Psychoanalytical (Freudian) Art Therapy Analytical (Jungian) Art Therapy Gestalt Art Therapy Person-Centred or 'Rogerian' Art Therapy Mindfulness Art Therapy Integrative Art Therapy (the Group-Interactive Model) Feminist Art Therapy Art Therapy as Social Action Art Therapy as a Research Tool Each chapter provides a n-judgemental, yet analytical, sypsis of each approach. No detailed kwledge is necessary to understand the different approaches, as the book explains them in clear and concise English. Difficult terms and concepts are explained as they arise, and a glossary of terms is also provided. Art Therapy Theories is aimed at trainee art therapists who need to demonstrate that they have a grasp of theory, as well as a sense of how the theory can translate into practice. It will also appeal to seasoned therapists, counsellors and to a wide range of professionals in the mental health field.
- Author BiographySusan Hogan is Professor in Art Therapy and Cultural Studies at the University of Derby. She has written extensively on the relationship between the arts and insanity, and the role of the arts in rehabilitation, particularly in relation to women.
- Author(s)Susan Hogan
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/11/2015
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note17 black & white halftones, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.