All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor the first time, this deluxe visual history treats Peanuts fans to an in-depth look at the art and making of the beloved animated Peanuts specials. From 1965's original classic A Charlie Brown Christmas through the 2011 release of Happiness is a Warm Blanket, animation historian Charles Solomon goes behind the scenes of all 45 films, exploring the process of bringing a much-loved comic strip to life. The book showcases the creative development through the years with gorgeous, never-before-seen concept art, and weaves a rich history based on dozens of interviews with former Peanuts directors, animators, voice talent, and layout artists, as well as current industry folk. Filling a void in animation publishing--there is no other history or art book of the Peanuts specials--this volume celebrates five decades of the artistry and humor of Charles M. Schultz and the artists who reimagined the comic for the screen.
- Author BiographyCharles Solomon is an animation historian and the author of several books, including The Art of Toy Story 3 and Enchanted Drawings: The History of Animation. He lives in Los Angeles, California.
- Author(s)Charles Solomon
- PublisherChronicle Books
- Date of Publication01/11/2012
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChronicle Books
- Out-of-print date28/04/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1361 g
- Width279 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.