All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThe idea that launched the Sampson - Matthews project was simple: get Canada's best painters to contribute to the war effort by creating new works in conjunction with the Canadian National gallery. Launched at the start of the second world war, the project ended up running for 22 years, costing 10 million dollars and containing work from all of Canada's great artists. Containing full colour reproduction of 112 silkscreens by eminent Canadian artists such as David Milne, Emily Carr and B.C.Binning.
- Author BiographyIan Sigvaldason is the owner of the Pegasus Gallery of Canadian Art on Salt Spring Island, British Columbia; he has been mesmerized by the Sampson-Matthews prints for many years, and curates the website sampsonmatthewsprints.com. Scott Steedman is an editor, writer and publishing consultant, and an Adjunct Professor at Simon Fraser University, Vancouver. He co-edited Visions of British Columbia, winner of the 2010 City of Vancouver Book Award.
- PublisherSimply Read Books
- Date of Publication26/11/2015
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintSimply Read Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1778 g
- Width229 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byIan Sigvaldason,Scott Steedman
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.