Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionAxel Hermann was an art student with a Kiss fixation living in Dortmund until a meeting with Robert Kampf -- who had just formed his own record label Century Media -- catapulted him into the world of album cover illustration. Starting his career as the in-house artist at Century Media in the second-half of the Eighties Hermann has become a highly-respected and much-in-demand freelance illustrator, and has worked with the likes of Sodom, Iced Earth and Edguy as well as more underground acts including Asphyx, Morgoth and Unleashed. In this, his first collection, Hermann pulls together the cream of his first quarter-century in the business, and with the help of some of the bands hes worked with he explains at various times the thinking, the process and/or the objective behind each cover design. Expressive, provocative and challenging Hermanns artwork is calibrated to shock -- at a number of levels -- and awe in equal measures, and even w he works hard at expanding both his horizons and his technique. It is little wonder that he is as exciting w as he was when he delivered his first album cover (for Poltergeists debut album Depression ) back in 1989.
- Author(s)Alex Herman
- PublisherJeske, Otger, u. Matthias Mader. I.P. Verlag
- Date of Publication11/04/2013
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintJeske, Otger, u. Matthias Mader. I.P. Verlag
- Content Note160 colour illus
- Weight1000 g
- Width215 mm
- Height300 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.