All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionPioneering artists in the post-World War II era alternatively embraced artistic freedom and gesture-based styles, ntraditional materials and countercultural references. French art critic Michel Tapie even declared the existence of un art autre (art of ather kind) a radical break with all traditional tions of order and composition, in a movement toward something wholly other. This catalogue accompanies the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum exhibition Art of Ather Kind: International Abstraction and the Guggenheim, 19491960 , which especially highlights works that entered into the collection during the tenure of then-director James Johnson Sweeney. Featuring nearly 100 works by Louise Bourgeois, Alberto Burri, Asger Jorn, Willem de Kooning, Jackson Pollock, Pierre Soulages, Antoni Tapies and Zao Wou-Ki, among others, this collection-based exhibition explores the affinities and differences between artists working continents apart in a period of great transition and rapid creative development. This fully illustrated exhibition catalogue includes essays by Tracey Bashkoff, Megan M. Fontanella, and Joan Marter; an illustrated chrology; and short biographies of the artists.
- Author(s)Joan M. Marter,Megan M. Fontanella,Tracey Bashkoff
- PublisherGuggenheim Museum Publications,U.S.
- Date of Publication02/07/2012
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuggenheim Museum Publications,U.S.
- Weight990 g
- Width236 mm
- Height259 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.