All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt is almost impossible to believe that the posters, flyers and other punk ephemera were once used and discarded. But despite such humble origins, this groundbreaking artwork continues to have an impact on music, fashion and media today. This is paperback edition of the first ever comprehensive review of punk art/design ever published. This lavishly illustrated book celebrates a wide range of punk design in posters, flyers, album cover art, fanzines and fashion ephemera from T-shirts to badges. All the classic bands, like the Ramones, the Sex Pistols, the Damned and the Clash are covered as are numerous rare and wonderful items from around the world. Includes 225 illustrations from anymous and uncredited artworks to pieces by UK artists including Jamie Reid, Malcolm Garrett, Linder Sterling, Peter Saville, Barney Bubbles and US artists including Lindsey Kuhn, Raymond Pettibon, Winston Smith, John Seabury, Art Chantry, Paul Imagine and many more.
- Author BiographyRuss Bestley is a Principal Lecturer at the London College of Communication specialising in graphic design and the history of popular culture. He has co-authored and designed a number of books and articles. Alex Ogg is an author and journalist whose books include The Hip Hop Years, No More Heroes and Independence Day. He has contributed to publications including The Times, Vive Le Rock, Classic Rock and award winning website The Quietus. He is the former editor of Spiral Scratch and currently co-editor of the esteemed academic journal Punk & Post Punk.
- Author(s)Alex Ogg,Russ Bestley
- PublisherOmnibus Press
- Date of Publication10/11/2014
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOmnibus Press
- Content Notecolour photos
- Width210 mm
- Height240 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.