Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.90+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.34+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- AU $23.85Was:AU $24.99Free postage
About this product
- Description<b><i>The Art of Shaolin Kung Fu</i> is the ultimate guide to Kung Fu, from theory to practical application.</b> This unique martial arts book, by a celebrated Grandmaster, is a complete and comprehensive introduction to Kung Fu and all other aspects of ancient Shaolin wisdom. You will learn the ancient art of the Shaolin monks from the famous Shaolin monastery. It will prove invaluable to everyone interested in martial arts, chi kung, and meditation, showing how Kung Fu and other Shaolin arts can bring you health, vitality, mental focus, and spiritual joy. Chapters include: <ul><li><b>What is Kung Fu?</b>--Four Aspects of Kung Fu; The Importance of Force Training; Application for Combat and Daily Living; Kung Fu Philosophy for Deeper Understanding; The Benefits of Kung Fu</li><li><b>The Historical Development of Chinese Martial Arts</b>--Kung Fu in Prehistoric and Ancient Times; The Glorious Han and Tang; The Modern Period</li><li><b>From Shaolin to Taijiquan</b>--Shaolin Kung Fu; The Various Styles of Taijiquan; Soft and Hard, Internal and External</li><li><b>A Comparative Study of Kung Fu</b>--Contrasting Shaolin and Wudang Kung Fu; Xingyi Kung Fu and Taoist Concepts; Tanglangquan or Praying Mantis Kung Fu; The Spread of Southern Kung Fu</li><li><b>Defining Aims and Objectives</b>--Setting Aims for Kung Fu Training; Personal Objectives; Course Objectives</li><li><b>The Foundation of Shaolin Kung Fu</b>--Inheritance from Past Masters; Various Shaolin Hand Forms; Basic Shaolin Patterns</li><li><b>From Form to Combat Application</b>--The Four Directions of Attack; The Principles of Effective Combat; Specific Techniques Against Kicks</li><li><b>Combat Sequences and Set Practice</b>--Relieving Injuries Sustained in Sparring; Composing Your Own Kung Fu Sets</li><li><b>Shaolin Five Animals</b>--Understanding Characteristics and Essence; The Five-Animal Set; The Names of the Five-Animal Patterns</li><li><b>Five-Animal Combination Set</b>--How to Improve Combat Efficiency; Spacing and Timing in Combat</li><li><b>The Internal Force of Shaolin Kung Fu</b>--The Relationship Between Technique and Force; The Compassionate Art of Qin-Na; The Internal Force of Tiger Claw</li><li><b>Tactics and Strategies</b>--Using Continuous Attack Effectively; A Tactic to Distract Your Opponent; Selecting Strategies to Suit Particular Situations</li><li><b>Classical Kung Fu Weapons</b>--Staffs; Whips, Knives and Other Weapons; Light and Heavy Weapons</li><li><b>Understanding and Developing Chi</b>--The Various Genres of Chi Kung; Lohan Embracing Buddha; Abdominal Breathing</li><li><b>Shaolin Kung Fu and Zen</b>--Culitvating Heart, Nourishing Nature; Bodhidharma and Taoism in Zen</li><li><b>The Shaolin Way to Enlightenment</b>--Attaining a Focused Mind; Meditation to Train Awareness; Shaolin Kung Fu for Spiritual Development</li></ul>
- Author Biography<b>Wong Kiew Kit</b> has practiced and taught Shaolin kung fu, chi kung, and meditation for more than 30 years and has over 2,000 students. He is the fourth generation successor of monk Jiang Nan of the Shaolin Monastery and Grandmaster of Shaolin Wahnam Kung Fu and Chi Kung Institute. He is the author of several books on Eastern wisdom, including <i>The Complete Book of Tai Chi Chuan</i>, also available from Tuttle Publishing.
- Author(s)Wong Kiew Kit
- PublisherTuttle Publishing
- Date of Publication30/11/2002
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTuttle Publishing
- Out-of-print date15/12/2011
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight381 g
- Width154 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
Most relevant reviews
- heatman259614 Feb, 2013by
The Best Kung Fu Book I've Ever Read.
I Love The Book Because It's Got Interesting About In Martial Arts, Especially By Learning It. I Bought The Product Because To Do Some Kung Fu Exercise Doing It At Home. I Like It Because It Tells All About Kung Fu, & I Don't Dislike It At All, Nothing Because It Some Products Have Usefull Informations.
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.55
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99