Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of etudes, written during the 1970's, was composed as a reult of Jimmy Wyble's explorations into the musical worlds of counterpoint, harmony and chord melody improvisation for the jazz guitar. The right and left hand fingerings presented in this book were also developed as techniques needed to improvise jazz in two lines. Jimmy uses very standard jazz guitar chord shapes in these etudes; however, these shapes move through the harmony in lines rather than block chord structures. This broken chord technique creates a unique contrapuntal sound that separates Jimmy from the rest of the fingerstyle jazz guitar world. It is hoped that jazz and classical guitarists playing and working through these etudes will see many familiar chord shapes moving in new ways and creating new sounds. These new harmonic sounds combined with beautiful melodies will inspire any quitarist to new levels of musical creativity. Written in tation and tablature. 92 pages.
- Author(s)David Oakes,Jimmy Wyble
- PublisherMel Bay Publications,U.S.
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationMissouri
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMel Bay Publications,U.S.
- Weight295 g
- Width222 mm
- Height295 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.