CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionBefore choppers, there was the bobber. When American-brand motorcycle owners needed to change their rear tires decades ago, the rear fender featured a hinge near its center that would flip up to make room for the tire to be removed. At some point, an enterprising rider decided to permanently remove the hinged rear portion of the fender - shortening the fender like the bobbed hair cuts popular during those days - or so the theory goes. The tradition of stripping down to a bike's bare essence and celebrating its simpler forms - making a bobber - was begun. As these lean, mean machines come roaring back onto the scene in a big way, this book offers a look at where the bobber came from, where it's going, and what it's about. With over 200 exclusive photographs of the most cutting-edge bobbers, biographies of the men and women who build them, and inside stories on top shops like Indian Larry, Von Dutch Kustoms, Orange County Choppers, Arlen Ness, Mitch Bergeron, and more. This book captures the rebel spirit of the ultimate custom bike as never before.Publisher's Note: This edition includes a poster on the reverse of the book's jacket.
- Author BiographySpencer Drate and Judith Salavetz are award-winning designers and authors who live and work in New York City. They have designed album and CD packages for artists including Bon Jovi, U2, Joan Jett, and the Talking Heads. They have also authored and designed a number of books including Swag: Rock Posters of the 90s, Swag 2: Rock Posters of the 90s and Beyond, The Independent Movie Poster Book, and Extreme Motorcycle Art.
- Author(s)Spencer Drate
- PublisherMotorbooks International
- Date of Publication10/10/2006
- SubjectTransport: General
- Place of PublicationWisconsin
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMotorbooks International
- Out-of-print date21/11/2009
- Content Note200 colour, 20 black and white
- Weight1783 g
- Width267 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.