All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $89.64Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.47
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.17
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $18.37
About this product
- DescriptionThe fifth volume in a series of science-fiction thrillers evolving from the works of Arthur C Clarke, grandmaster of science fiction and author of 2001: a space odyssey. Her code name is Sparta. Her beauty veils a mysterious past and abilities of superhuman dimension -- the product of advanced biotechlogy. Much excitement has arisen throughout the galaxy over the exploration mission to Jupiters moon, Amalthea. Led by the rewned Professor J Q R Forster, the dangerous expedition will lead its members to the surface of this strange moon -- and beyond. It is Spartas mission to monitor the trip on the part of the Board of Space Control. Her task becomes more threatening when Sir Randolph Mays, Forster's rival and nemesis, accidentally crash-lands on Ameltheas surface. Far from incent, Mays has a plan for laying claim to Forster's discoveries, and only Sparta is able to prevent sabotage. But what is Mays really after? And how will they all react to the discovery of an alien life-form...? This breath-taking adventure brings together the genius of Arthur C Clarke and the talents of distinguished science-fiction writer Paul Preuss. Arthur C Clarke is the world-rewned author of such science fiction classics as 2001: A Space Odyssey , for which he shared an Oscar mination with director Stanley Kubrick, and its popular sequels, 2010: Odyssey Two , 2061: Odyssey Three and 3001: Final Odyssey ; the highly acclaimed The Songs of Distant Earth ; the bestselling collection of original short stories, The Sentinel and over two dozen other books of fiction and n-fiction. He received the Marconi International Fellowship in 1982.
- Author BiographyPaul Preuss began a successful writing career after years of producing documentary and television films and writing screenplays. He is the author of twelve novels, including Venus Prime, Volumes 1, 2 & 3, and the bear-future thrillers Core, Human Error and Starfire. His non-fiction has appeared in The Washington Post, the Los Angeles Times, New York Newsday and the San Francisco Chronicle, besides writing, he has been a science consultant for several film companies. He lives in San Francisco, California.
- Author(s)Paul Preuss
- Publisheribooks Inc
- Date of Publication14/01/2002
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Imprintibooks Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight492 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Introduction byArthur C. Clarke
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.