All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA leading theologian recounts her journey of faith, shaped as it has been by caring for a profoundly disabled son for forty-five years, while also being a writer, university teacher and Methodist minister. This completely new version of the author's Face to Face (Epworth, 1985) has a different perspective, articulating the way in which this life-dominating experience has given privileged access to the deepest truths of Christianity. The book therefore combines narrative with theological reflection. The narratives provide background for developing theological accounts of cross and creation, as well as testifying to personal feelings and spiritual insights.
- Author BiographyFrances Young OBE, MA is Emeritus Professor of Theology and formerly Pro-Vice-Chancellor, University of Birmingham. Her recent publications include Brokenness and Blessing: Towards a Biblical Spirituality (DLT/Baker, 2007), From Nicaea to Chalcedon: A guide to the Literature and its background (SCM/Baker, 2010) and God's Presence: A Contemporary Recapitulation of Early Christianity (CUP, forthcoming).
- Author(s)Frances Young
- PublisherSPCK Publishing
- Date of Publication15/05/2014
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSPCK Publishing
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $44.08Trending at AU $51.53
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $17.98Trending at AU $21.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.