All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.86Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionA classic in the field, Articulation and Phological Disorders: Speech Sound Disorders in Children, 7e, presents the most up-to-date perspectives on the nature, assessment, and treatment of speech sound disorders. A must-have reference, this classic book delivers exceptional coverage of clinical literature and focuses on speech disorders of unkwn causes. Offering a range of perspectives, it covers the rmal aspects of speech sound articulation, rmal speech sound acquisition, the classification of and factors related to the presence of phological disorders, the assessment and remediation of speech sound disorders, and phology as it relates to language and dialectal variations. This edition features twelve manageable chapters, including a new chapter on the classification of speech sound disorders, an expanded discussion of childhood apraxia of speech, additional coverage of evidence-based practices, and a look at both motor-based and linguistically-based treatment approaches.
- Author BiographyDr. John Bernthal is professor emeritus of Special Education and Communication Sciences and Disorders at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. He has been a speech-language pathologist for over forty years, including employment in the public schools, at several universities, and professor and department chair for over thirty years. He conducted research, taught and published in the area of speech sounds disorders. He is a past president of the American Speech Language Hearing Association, an ASHA Fellow, and recipient of Honors of the Association. Dr. Nicholas Bankson is a professor emeritus at James Madison University. He has had a forty year career as a speech-language pathologist, including employment in the public schools, serving as the state supervisor of school programs in Kansas, plus twenty-seven years as a department chair in Communication Sciences and Disorders at Boston University and James Madison University. His scholarly efforts have focused on speech sound disorders and the assessment of language disorders in children. He is an ASHA Fellow, and a recipient ASHA's Honors of the Association award. Dr. Peter Flipsen Jr., is a professor of Speech-Language Pathology at Idaho State University. He has more than twenty years of experience in the field as a clinician, teacher, and researcher. He teaches courses in phonetics and speech sound disorders in children and has published more than twenty peer-reviewed journal articles in the field. His research has focused on the classification of speech sound disorders, measurement of intelligibility of speech, and speech and language development in children with cochlear implants.
- Author(s)John E. Bernthal,Nicholas W. Bankson,Peter Flipsen
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication01/08/2012
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date11/03/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight748 g
- Width189 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition StatementInternational ed of 7th revised ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.