All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEvents which took place in 1938 lead to the present-day killing of a ranch hand in the remote canyon country near Moab, Utah, a mecca for outdoor adventure seekers. The only clue besides a 9-mm slug in the victim's head is an ancient-Indian potsherd stuck into his chest. Deputy Sheriff Manny Rivera is assigned the case and judges that it's likely related to a drug deal gone bad. But he's actually up against an intelligent and cunning adversary driven by greed who's discovered a long-forgotten cave containing a collection of rare museum-quality Indian artifacts. Local politicians and merchants are exerting strong pressure on the sheriff for a quick resolution to the case as the killing is threatening to disrupt the upcoming tourist season, Moab's sole source of ecomic activity. After all, who would want to explore the backcountry with a killer on the loose out there? In pursuit of the villain, Rivera takes the reader on a journey involving an unscrupulous artifact dealer, a fortune in ancient-Indian pots, a university laboratory, a home for the elderly, a ranch with an important secret, and a man who deeply regrets a decision he made. In the end, Rivera faces a moral crisis: Should he enforce the law or serve the cause of justice? And a woman learns the answer to a question that's been haunting her for seventy years. The story provides the reader with a tightly-woven plot, a strong sense of place, and an entertaining cast of characters. For readers already familiar with southeast Utah, vivid landscape descriptions will give them a sense of re-entering the land of high-desert canyons, mesas, mountains, and rivers.
- Author BiographyRich Curtin became infatuated with the high desert at an early age. Having lived part of his life in Moab, Utah, he has spent many enjoyable days and nights hiking, jeeping, rafting, and camping out in the backcountry of the Four Corners region. He is a retired research executive and resides in San Antonio, Texas.
- Author(s)Rich Curtin
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication08/02/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight349 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $14.24Trending at AU $14.43
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.85
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.18Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.