All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionArtificial life, a field that seeks to increase the role of synthesis in the study of biological phemena, has great potential, both for unlocking the secrets of life and for raising a host of disturbing issues -- scientific and technical as well as philosophical and ethical. This book brings together a series of overview articles that appeared in the first three issues of the groundbreaking journal Artificial Life, along with a new introduction by Christopher Langton, Editor-in-Chief of Artificial Life, founder of the discipline, and Director of the Artificial Life Program at the Santa Fe Institute.
- PublisherMIT Press Ltd
- Date of Publication03/03/1997
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleComplex Adaptive Systems
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMIT Press
- Content Note70
- Weight749 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byChristopher G. Langton
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Save on Textbooks
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.66
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.06
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.