Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionThese proceedings are based upon the invited review papers and the research tes presented at the NATO Advanced Research Institute on Artificial Particle Beams in Space Plasma Studies held at Geilo, Norway April 21-26, 1981. In the last decade a number of research groups have employed artificial particle beams both from sounding rockets and satellites in order to study various iospheric and magnetospheric phemena. However, the artificial particle beams used in this manner have given rise to a number of puzzling effects. Thus, instead of being just a probe for studying the ambient magnetosphere, the artificial particle beams have presented a rich variety of plasma physics problems, in parti~ular various discharge phemena, which in themselves are worthy of a careful study. The experimental studies in space using artificial particle beams have in turn given rise to both theore- tical and laboratory studies. In the laboratory experi- ments special attention has been paid to the problem of creating spacelike conditions in the vacuum chamber. The theoretical. work has addressed the question of beam- plasma-neutral interaction with emphasis on the wave generation and the modified energy distributions of the charged particles. Numerical simulations have been used extensively. With the advent of the Space Shuttle in which several artificial particle beam experiments are planned for the 1980's, there is a growing interest in such experiments. Furthermore, there is a need for coordinating these studies, both in space and in the laboratory.
- Author(s)A. North,B Grandal
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication14/03/2013
- Series TitleNATO Science Series B
- Series Part/Volume Number79
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note176 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight1355 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1982
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.