All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn artist's materials - from the broad brushstrokes of a Van Gogh oil painting, the sparkling gold leaf of a Byzantine mosaic, to the fragile translucence of a porcelain vase - are t just the results of their work. They are the physical embodiment of the artist's creative vision and a reflection of the historical context in which they were used. Artists' Techniques and Materials is an extensive and intriguing discussion of the materials and processes used in eight artistic media - painting, drawing, printmaking, sculpture, mosaics, ceramics, glass, and metalwork. Chapters look at each of the topics, with a discussion of the range of materials and techniques that have developed through the centuries. With its 400 full-colour illustrations, this volume is provides new insight into the creation of many of the world's greatest works of art.
- Author BiographyAntonella Fuga is a renowned art historian who specialises in the field of decorative arts.
- Author(s)Antonella Fuga
- PublisherGetty Trust Publications
- Date of Publication11/01/2007
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationSanta Monica CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJ. Paul Getty Museum
- Content Note400 full-colour illustrations
- Weight699 g
- Width133 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.