Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $40.19Trending at AU $43.08
About this product
- DescriptionWhile biomechanics has achieved successes in many fields involving locomotion, motor learning, skill acquisition, technique optimisation, injury prevention, physical therapy and rehabilitation, one area has heretofore been scarcely represented in the literature -- Arts Biomechanics. Arts Biomechanics clearly has significant potential for application in the performance arts, such as music and dance, since skills needed for these activities are visibly related to the human musculoskeletal and nervous systems. Less apparently, biomechanics may also enhance the analysis and comprehension of other arts, such as painting, where gesture is often embedded in the artwork by means of symbolism, tradition, the process of art creation, or as an inherent product of the existential nature of humanity. There are many challenges facing the integration of the Sciences with the Arts and this book attempts to show that component.
- Author(s)Gongbing Shan,Peter Visentin
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication21/05/2010
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Content Notecolour & b/w photos
- Weight154 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.