All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe second edition of Arts Management has been thoroughly revised to provide an updated, comprehensive overview of this fast-changing subject. Arts managers and students alike are offered a lively, sophisticated insight into the artistic, managerial and social responsibilities necessary for those working in the field. With new cases studies and several new chapters, Derrick Chong takes an interdisciplinary approach in examining some of the main impulses informing discussions on the management of arts and cultural organizations. These are highly charged debates, since arts managers are expected to reconcile managerial, ecomic and aesthetic objectives. Topics include: * arts and the State, with reference to the instrumentalism of the arts and culture * business and the arts * ownership and control of arts organizations * arts consumption and consumers, including audience development and arts marketing * managing for excellence and artistic integrity * financial investing in the arts, namely fine arts funds and theatre angels * philosophies of philanthropy Incorporating a deliberately diverse range of sources, Arts Management is essential reading for students on arts management courses and provides valuable insights for managers already facing the management challenges of this field.
- Author BiographyDerrick Chong is Senior Lecturer in Management at Royal Holloway, University of London, UK. He is the author of Arts Management (Routledge, 2002) and co-author of The Art Business with Iain Robertson (Routledge, 2008).
- Author(s)Mr. Derrick Chong
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/12/2009
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note10 black & white illustrations, 10 black & white tables
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.99
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.42
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $36.83Trending at AU $37.88
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.28
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.