All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJuan Mari Arzak is the owner and chef of Arzak restaurant in San Sebastian, Spain, and was one of the first Spanish chefs to be awarded 3 Michelin stars. The restaurant is w rated 8th best in the world, and Juan's daughter Elena, who cooks with him, was voted best female chef in the world in 2012. They both studied with the great chefs of their day - Juan in France with Paul Bocuse and the Troisgros brothers; Elena with Alain Ducasse, Ferran Adria and Pierre Gagnaire. 'What we eat, how we eat, is in our culture,' says Elena, 'our signature cuisine is Basque. Our taste is from here. We were born here. We cook unconsciously with this identity.' Thus Arzak is considered to be one of the most influential masters of the New Basque cuisine, which has continued to have a major influence on international cuisine, particularly on such world rewned chefs as Ferran Adria, who took the techniques pioneered by Arzak to new heights. Originally published in Spanish and w available in English for the first time Arzak Secrets is THE behind the scenes recipe and technique book from the world famed restaurant.Gorgeously photographed, this volume is a glimpse at some of the secrets behind the dishes that have made the restaurant and chef famous. Arzak's kitchen is a laboratory for flavours, aromas and textures, and his dishes and techniques are revealed in this fascinating cookbook, which is t only for professionals looking for inspiration but for any dedicated cook committed to understanding the creative development and invations behind this exceptional food.
- Author(s)Juan Mari Arzak
- PublisherGrub Street
- Date of Publication30/10/2015
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGrub Street
- Weight1542 g
- Width220 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine30 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.