All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
About this product
- DescriptionIn addition to writings from better-kwn personalities such as Rudyard Kipling and Waldo Frank, the book collects the opinions of missionaries, aristocrats, journalists, and politicians - observers who were perfectly placed to comment on the development of the city, its inhabitants, and well-kwn events that would one day define Chicago history, such as the Great Fire of 1871 and the 1893 World's Fair.
- Author BiographyBessie Louise Pierce (1888-1974) was professor of history at the University of Chicago and author of A History of Chicago. Perry R. Duis is professor of history at the University of Illinois at Chicago and author of Challenging Chicago: Coping with Everyday Life, 1837-1920 and The Saloon: Public Drinking in Chicago and Boston, 1880-1920.
- Author(s)Bessie Louise Pierce
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication06/07/2004
- SubjectPeople & Places: General
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Weight766 g
- Width165 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine32 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.