All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.12Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.42Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionThank you for checking out this book by Theophania Publishing. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you soon. We have thousands of titles available, and we invite you to search for us by name, contact us via our website, or download our most recent catalogues. Eat thou t the bread of him that hath an evil eye, neither desire thou his dainty meats: For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is t with thee. The morsel which thou hast eaten shalt thou vomit up, and lose thy sweet words. The passage seems to suggest that one should consider the true motivations of a person who is being uncharacteristically generous before accepting his generosity - while in the title and content of James Allen's work the passage is in a different context; In the Bible the passage is referring to ather person, and in James Allen's work the passage is adopted to primarily refer to the reader himself. Mind is the Master power that moulds and makes, And Man is Mind, and evermore he takes The tool of Thought, and, shaping what he wills, Brings forth a thousand joys, a thousand ills: - He thinks in secret, and it comes to pass: Environment is but his looking-glass.
- Author BiographyJames Allen (the poet) (November 28,1864 - 1912) was a philosophical writer of British nationality known for his inspirational books and poetry. His best known work, As a Man Thinketh, was mass produced since its publication in 1903 and has provided a key source of ideas to countless bestselling motivational and self-help authors of the twentieth and twenty-first centuries.As a result he is considered as the pioneer of self help movement. As with many of Allen's works, the book's launch was quiet and its full impact was not felt until after his passing.
- Author(s)Associate Professor of Philosophy James Allen
- PublisherTheophania Publishing
- Date of Publication17/09/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTheophania Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight54 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.