Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.72Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSomeone is killing women in the Chelsea district of Manhattan - but, who? The only clues: a signature heart carved into each victim's breast (inside, the initials J.C. and those of the deceased); copies of the New Testament (with underlined passages referring to infidelity); and fingerprints of a juvenile arrested in the 1960s. On the case is Matt Davis, a plodding but effective NYPD homicide detective who is addicted to fly fishing - and chocolate. Helping him is his one-quarter Mohawk Indian partner, Chris Freitag, to whom he owes a long-standing debt of gratitude. Complicating things is Rita Valdez, a female cop looking for true love, and t too particular about where she finds it. As the Twig is Bent is an explosive thriller that rips the lid off the sordid underbelly of Internet chat rooms, and propels the reader on a -holds-barred journey toward its bone-chilling conclusion. CAUTION: Contains graphic sexual material that is inappropriate for some readers.
- Author BiographyJoe Perrone Jr. worked as a sportswriter for the Passaic-Clifton, NJ, Herald News, as well as a freelance advertising copywriter. He was also a professional fly-fishing guide for ten years in the Catskill Mountains of New York, and has had several fly-fishing short stories published in the Mid Atlantic Fly Fishing Guide. The author is perhaps best known for his Matt Davis Mystery Series, which includes As the Twig is Bent, Opening Day, Twice Bitten, and Broken Promises (the most recent in the series). All but the first in the series are actually set in Roscoe, NY, the small Upstate village where Joe was a guide. Joe's first novel, Escaping Innocence (A Story of Awakening), was published in 2008, a coming-of-age novel set in the '60s. He has authored two non-fiction works, A Real Man's Guide to Divorce (First, you bend over and...), published in 2009 and Gone Fishin' with Kids (How to Take Your Kid Fishing and Still be Friends). As the Twig is Bent and Opening Day are currently available as audio books, with the other novels soon to follow suit. Opening Day was awarded an Indie B.R.A.G. Medallion in 2012. As The Twig Is Bent was translated into Portuguese as Pau que nasce torto in 2011. All of Joe's books are available in paperback or in Kindle editions on Amazon.com. When he is not writing, Joe enjoys fly fishing, cooking, listening to music, and watching movies. He makes at least one trip a year to the Catskills to fish his beloved Beaverkill, Willowemoc, and other trout streams; and uses the time to recharge his batteries and conceive new plots for his books. Joe lives in Western North Carolina with his wife, Becky, and the couple's two cats, Callie and Cassie. The author enjoys hearing from his readers, and can be reached with comment and questions via Email at: email@example.com or by visiting his website at www.joeperronejr.com PRAISE FOR: AS THE TWIG IS BENT Characters with substance; crisp, authentic dialogue; and a plot with more twists and turns than a giant slalom. Kept me on the edge of my seat right up until the shocking end. --Bob Walker, former CEO Promotion Mechanics, Inc., a Division of Ogilvy & Mather Advertising, NYC MORE PRAISE FOR: AS THE TWIG IS BENT Aside from having the most beautiful cover I have ever seen on a book, the story itself matches perfectly. As excellent a murder mystery as I have ever read, and I have read the greats! --VAHAN GREGORY, noted playwright, sculptor, and author
- Author(s)Joe Perrone
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationScotts Valley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight463 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.39Trending at AU $30.92
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $56.63Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $12.42
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.08
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.