All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionAsger Jorn: The Open Hide offers a concise overview of the diverse accomplishments of Danish artist Asger Jorn (1914-1973). Edited by acclaimed Jorn scholars Axel Heil and Roberto Ohrt, the book comprises over 75 images of Jorn's work, each with complete provenance, exhibition and literature history. A comprehensive biography of the artist is also included, along with photographs and other archival material. For Jorn, a founding member of the Cobra and Situationist International movements, art was an expression of life, of activism, of an unedited freedom t confined to studio practice. An Asger Jorn can be garish, florid, tasteless, forced, cute, flatulent, overemphatic; it can never be vulgar, wrote art historian T.J. Clark, who once declared Jorn the greatest painter of the 1950s. As the Cobra artists undergo widespread critical reassessment, this volume helps to retrieve and contextualize Jorn's significance.
- Date of Publication27/09/2016
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight522 g
- Width203 mm
- Height264 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byAxel Heil,Roberto Ohrt
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.