All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPliny the Younger (C61-112AD) was a Roman official and writer. He has become famous for his two letters to the historian Tacitus, which detail his eye-witness account of the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79AD which took the life of his uncle, Pliny the Elder. Ashen Sky presents readers with a translation of Pliny's letters, accompanied by stunning black-and-white engravings by acclaimed artist Barry Moser, that magnificently illustrate the various descriptions found in the letters. Also included is a brief description of the eruption of the volca, concise biographies of Tacitus, and of both Pliny the Elder and Pliny the Younger, as well as a summary of how the texts of the two letters have survived until today.
- Author BiographyBarry Moser is an internationally renowned wood-carving artist. His work is to be found in museums and special collections around the world.
- PublisherGetty Trust Publications
- Date of Publication15/11/2007
- SubjectAncient History
- Place of PublicationSanta Monica CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJ Paul Getty Trust Publications,US
- Content Note16 detailed relief engravings
- Weight422 g
- Width190 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Barry Moser
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $32.93Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.