All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $30.69
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.22
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $22.86
- AU $18.21Trending at AU $22.04
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.00
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $13.67
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionA group of disillusioned American youths cope with the uncertainty of their futures by distracting themselves with drugs, sex, love, and lies. As the stories of five young adults collide over the course of a few days and a few seemingly incuous decisions, the resulting chaos throws their lives out of control to test the limits of their tions about friendship, love, trust, and the value of a human life. Jason Morrison is a drug dealer who learned a long time ago that body was going to take care of him but himself. Neither of his parents ever amounted to anything. Spending much of his misbegotten youth running drugs for a local gang in his hometown, everything changed when he started sleeping with Ashley Hasday about a year ago. More and more, Jason begins toying with the idea of ditching the criminal lifestyle and starting over fresh. Unfortunately, the money and the parties prove too tantalizing. To make matters worse, Ashley's developing cocaine addiction begins to infringe upon their everyday lives. Hooked on one ather as much as they are to their lifestyles, their relationship descends into a turbulent whirlpool of passion, self-destruction, and despair. As things in their lives spiral further out of control, one of Ashley's ex-lovers, David Ryan, attempts to divert her away from her addictions. The only problem is, every time he tries to help, he ends up pushing her further away. Soon, his unexplained absences begin to take a toll on his relationship with girlfriend, Jessica Gallagher, who has been questioning David's motives and whereabouts since discovering some of the other unsavory secrets he's been keeping from her. Meanwhile, Jason's partner-in-crime, Theodore Kenneth Keene, has been silently suffering from post traumatic stress disorder. When the two of them learn about the disappearance of their supplier, Dante, Theo's self-control wanes as their lives are thrown upside down. As the power vacuum fills up, Theo and Jason are suddenly trapped within a shadowy game of criminal politics threatening the safety of everyone they care about. Can they endure? Or will they burn and fade away to... ASHES?
- Author BiographyRafael Blotta was born in Williamsport, Pennsylvania on a cold winter's night on November 17, 1985. He spent most of his early life and adulthood moving back and forth between Philadelphia, South Jersey, and Panama with his family. Rafael Blotta graduated with a Bachelor's degree in English Literature from Rutgers's University, and studied Film at St. Joseph's University. He currently lives in Panama City, Panama running a small media and film Production Company and a blog called The Literaturist that covers a range of topics from literature, philosophy, music, photography, and film. Known for his jubilant grasp of life, youthful and carefree nature, and dedicated writing work ethic, he plans on continuing his efforts to break through Literature genres and styles, pushing himself further and further in his study of the power of words and story-telling. Although this is his first published novel, he firmly believes that artists must expand and grow both stylistically and story-wise in order to truly continue the perfection of their craft.
- Author(s)Rafael Blotta
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication18/09/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight517 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Illustrator(s)Miguel Arango,Claudia Aponte
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.