All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBorn in Dresden in 1962, Durs Grunbein is the most significant and successful poet to emerge from the former East Germany, a place where, he wrote, the best refuge was a closed mouth. In unsettling, often funny, sometimes savage lines whose vivid images reflect his deep love for and connection with the visual arts, Grunbein is reinventing German poetry and taking on the most pressing moral concerns of his generation. Brilliantly edited and translated by the English poet Michael Hofmann, Ashes for Breakfast expertly introduces Germany's most highly acclaimed contemporary poet to American readers.
- Author BiographyDurs Grunbein is the author of eight previous volumes of poetry. His work has been awarded many major German literary prizes, including the highest, the Georg-Buchner-Preis, and the 2004 Friedrich-Nietzsche-Preis. He has lived in Berlin since 1985.
- Author(s)Durs Grunbein
- PublisherFarrar, Straus & Giroux Inc
- Date of Publication18/02/2006
- LanguageEnglish & German
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFarrar, Straus & Giroux Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight390 g
- Width142 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Translated byMichael Hofmann
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.92
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.