All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionASHLEY JUDD FROM BIRTH TO THE PRESENT (2014) Although her mother, Naomi, and older sister, Wynna, rose to fame as the country music duo The Judds, Ashley Judd took her own road to stardom, becoming one of the most successful actresses in Hollywood today. In this biography, which examines Ashley's life from birth to her appearance at the 2012 Democratic National Convention and beyond to 2014, author and journalist James L. Dickerson recounts her difficult childhood in Kentucky and California, her sometimes troubled relationships with her mother and sister, her big-screen breakthrough in the 1993 movie Ruby in Paradise, her ongoing series of starring roles, her life-long struggle with depression, and her marriage. Discover the inside story of the actress who has starred in movies such as Heat, Double Jeopardy, Kiss the Girls, High Crimes, and The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood. Journey with her as she makes the transition from actress to social activist, addressing the General Assembly of the United Nations on matters of the greatest importance. Her most recent acting role was in the ABC-TV series Missing, delivering a stunning performance that New York Times critic Mike Hale hailed as t quite like anything else on television at the moment. The series was cancelled early in 2012. This updated and expanded is an excellent reading companion for Ashley Judd's 2011 memoir, All That is Bitter and Sweet.
- Author BiographyJames L. Dickerson is an award-winning writer, mental health professional, and author of the music histories Mojo Triangle and Memphis Going Down. As a biographer he has authored books on Nicole Kidman, Faith Hill, jazz legend Lil Hardin Armstrong, and Elvis Presley's first guitarist and manager, Scotty Moore.
- Author(s)James L Dickerson
- PublisherSartoris Literary Group
- Date of Publication25/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSartoris Literary Group
- Out-of-print date24/11/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.