All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNew in paperback, Petri Raisanen, one of the world's most popular yoga teachers offers the complete guide to to the yoga poses (asana), breathing techniques and philosophy of Ashtanga yoga. The most physical and dynamic form of yoga, Ashtanga combines an impressive sequence of yoga poses with special breathing techniques to heat the body internally and allow safe stretching of the muscles. Ashtanga's enthusiasts point to the powerful impact of the practice on their overall health and well-being: regular practice tones and strengthens the muscles, cleanses the body of toxins, calms the mind and increases concentration. Each of the yoga poses in the Primary Series is presented both separately and as part of complete practice. The reader will gain a deep kwledge of the multidimensional philosophy of Ashtanga yoga and how it relates to everyday life. This is a clearly and simply written guide, packed full of kwledge and insight, that will delight beginners, advanced students and yoga teachers alike.
- Author BiographyPetri Raisanen is an internationally renowned and respected yoga teacher. A devoted student of his guru Sri K. Patthabi Jois (1915-2009), he is co-owner and director of Ashtanga Yoga Helsinki, one of the world's largest yoga shalas. He lives in Helsinki, Finland.
- Author(s)Petri Raisanen
- PublisherPinter & Martin Ltd.
- Date of Publication08/02/2016
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight756 g
- Width230 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.