All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionPaul Cezanne was the pioneer in the development of new painting possibilities. He was remarkable for his ability to perceive and paint aspects of everyday life in ways that revealed dynamic, yet deeply harmonious visions of the world. But the intellectual and emotional difficulties of his achievements were considerable. Mainly self-taught, most of his career was plagued by rejection. Both the critics and the public disliked his paintings, and in 1884 Cezanne declared that Paris, the centre of the nineteenth-century art world, had defeated him. He then retreated into a world filled with self-doubt and bad temper.
- Author BiographyJorella Andrews is a senior lecturer in the Visual Cultures department at Goldsmiths, University of London. She is the author of Showing Off! Patrick Vale is an internationally recognized illustrator best known for his work based on cities and architecture. Among his recent projects is the time-lapsed film, Empire State of Pen.
- Author(s)Jorella Andrews
- Date of Publication01/06/2016
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Series TitleAsi Es ...
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight363 g
- Width173 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Patrick Vale
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.