All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionAs perhaps the world's most ecomically dynamic region, the Asia-Pacific is generating increasing attention from academic, business, and policymaking circles alike. At a time when the area is projected to continue its unprecedented ecomic growth well into the 21st century, it is ironic that the Asia-Pacific regional institutional framework is incommensurate with developments in other parts of the world. The most ambitious attempt at regime creation in this region began in 1989 with the formation of the Asia Pacific Ecomic Cooperation forum (APEC). Asia-Pacific Crossroads provides a vel theoretical approach to examine the interplay of ecomic, political, and security factors in APEC's evolution. It focuses on the likelihood for APEC to become smoothly 'nested' within the World Trade Organization and considers how subregional groupings in the Asia-Pacific might in turn become nested within APEC. The essays draw on the examples of the OECD and the EU to explore APEC's future prospects for fostering ecomic liberalization in the Asia-Pacific and across the globe. The book offers the first rigorous and systematic theoretical and empirical examination of the Asia-Pacific Ecomic Cooperation (APEC) forum by a multinational, interdisciplinary group of scholars.
- Author BiographyVINOD K. AGGARWAL is Professor of Political Science, Affiliated Professor of Business and Public Policy in the Haas School of Business, and Director of the Berkeley Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation Study Center (BASC) at the University of California, Berkeley. CHARLES E. MORRISON is Director of the APEC Study Center at the East-West Center, Honolulu, and Chair of the US Consortium of APEC Study Centers.
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication14/05/1998
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight519 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edited byCharles Edward Morrison,Vinod K. Aggarwal
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.