Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- Description<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC -//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN > This manuscript is a collection of essays on various issues in Asia-Pacific legal systems. It has been written within the framework of comparative legal research; thus, chapters address various of the ASEAN nations, as well as Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. The topics in this comprehensive volume, which offer Canadian perspectives on contemporary Asian law, include securities, prostitution, environmental, and constitutional law.
- Author Biography<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC -//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN > Douglas M. Johnston was the Chair in Asia-Pacific Legal Relations at the University of Victoria until his retirement in 1995. Currently he is Director of the Policy Research Programme at the National University of Singapore, and Co-Director of the Southeast Asian Programme in Ocean Law, Policy, and Management, based in Bangkok. He is a specialist in international and comparative law and has published extensively on the law of sea and international environmental law. Gerry Ferguson is a Professor of Law at the University of Victoria Faculty of Law, has been a visiting professor at a number of law faculties in the Asia-Pacific region, and is a member of the Board of Directors of the International Centre for Criminal Law Reform and Criminal Justice Policy and of the Advisory Council of the Law Commission of Canada. He is a specialist in criminal law and mental health law.
- Author(s)Douglas M. Johnston,Gerry Ferguson
- PublisherUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Date of Publication30/11/1998
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Weight998 g
- Width4217 mm
- Height5817 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.